Monday, April 30, 2012

Colour Palette...

I have found three particular images which are really beginning to inform my decision regarding the colour palette for my womenswear collection. I want to incorporate colours which represent the old life of  my muse: neutrals, browns and rust colours which embody age and the past. However, I also want to incorporate colours such as rich reds, peaches and apricots which behold the bright promise of the future which lies before my muse.

All three of the images I am currently exploring feature butterflies. I think this is very appropriate considering my concept is centred on transformation and metamorphosis of the woman as she moves from the old into the new. The butterfly is a perfect metaphor for this transformation as it also undergoes a process of metamorphosis as it changes from a caterpillar into a butterfly.




I am particularly drawn to the image above. I think that, to  degree, it tells the story of my muse. It depicts a beautiful, fragile woman who, while appearing vulnerable, is looking determinedly ahead. She is shrouded by hues of brown and beige which represent her past and all the loneliness and desolation she has known. However, upon closer inspection, one becomes keenly aware of the beautiful flowers which surround her and the exquisite butterflies resting upon her face. It is these elements of beauty which represent the bright and glorious future which lies ahead of her.




Images from:


No comments:

Post a Comment